Monday, April 7, 2014

Saucy Shrimp and Eggplant with Peppers and Mushrooms

Chopped is one of my favorite shows on the Food Channel.  I had some left overs from eggplant rollatini I made a few days ago and thought I would try to come up with an original recipe using what was in the fridge.  It actually turned out to be very tasty and will find its way to the dinner table in the future.

The only thing I think needs improvement is the spices.  I didn't add enough. The recipe below is different from the video and reflects what I will add the next time I make it.



Ingredients

1 1/2 cup chopped eggplant
1 chopped red pepper
1 cup chopped mushrooms
12 cooked jumbo shrimp
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. chopped capers
1/2 tsp. oregano
garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste
hot pepper flakes (optional)

Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a saute pan.
Add peppers and saute about 2-3 minutes
Add eggplant, mushrooms and spices. Saute another 5 minutes
Add tomato sauce, cover and simmer another 1-2 minutes
Add shrimp and stir until heated, about another minute
Serve and Enjoy!3 few days ago and thought I would try to come up with an original recipe using what was in the fridge.  It actually turned out to be very tasty and will find its way to the dinner table in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment