Thursday, March 20, 2014

Peanut Butter and Banana, Chocolate Protein Shake

I guess Skinny Elvis would be a good name for this chocolate protein shake made with peanut butter and banana.  My daughter sent me the original recipe, but I changed a few ingredients to lower the carbs to fit my 100 gram a day diet, and adjusted most of the proportions to suit my taste.

In this version, I'm using Dole Dippers instead of a frozen banana, but that's because I bought the wrong variety for my wife's diet treat.  Waste not. Want not. Besides, while it adds some additional calories, the number of carbs remain almost the same.  The ingredients and nutritional information below are based on adding 1/2 of a frozen banana.

At 47 grams of carbs, it's just about 1/2 of my daily allowance, but on this day my breakfast of vegetable omelet and toast was only 13 carbs and my planned dinner will bring me in right around the 100 carb limit.

Ingredients

1 c 1% Milk
1 c FAGA Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Hershey's Cocoa
1 or 2 tbsp Peanut Butter Powder to taste
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 packet Truvia (You may want to add an extra packet or substitute honey)


Nutritional information from the packaging and FatSecrets.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment