Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Diet Milestones and Inches Lost

The goal of my low carb diet is to get rid of inches around my waist. Watching carbs and taking measurements is what I am doing. However, measurements are what motivates me. I have been wearing the same belt on my genes since 1964. That belt contains the 50 year history of my waistline.

I started my low carb diet 16 days ago and am I'm shooting for about 100 carbs a day. I'm not looking at calories or any other factor, though I am tracking most of the nutritional values. By watching the carbs,the others are being held in check

One thing I am not tracking is sodium. I am a saltaholic. I used to salt my food before I even tasted it, but now at least I taste it first. It is my belief that the salt warnings are for people who are sensitive to salt intake. My blood pressure is under control and as long as it is, I will continue on my wicked salt ways.

 I have lost about four pounds so far, but pounds are not my goal. Inches off my waste is the way I will measure my success. Here is a picture of a the belt I bought when I was still in college. Marked on it are where I was at my worst, where I was when I started my diet, where I am now, and where I hope to be in a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment